The Toilet Tank Odyssey – part 3.

Taking the whole tank apart I realized that one of the plastic ties that helps pushing the rubber sealant rings against the bottom of the tank is cracked (apparently I turned the screw a bit too tight).

OK, no worries. There is a set for sale for this… only the sealant rings and the screws.

I went to the shop, bought the set, and took everything apart. Again.

Apparently the screws coming with the new set are way too short… and since they are thicker than the original I can’t just switch the screws using the original sealing rings.

To be continued.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: